Laser scanning confocal microscope is ideal for imaging thick fluorescently labeled specimens thanks to the ability to collect thin optical sections with minimal background fluorescence from out-of-focus structures. The Zeiss LSM is equipped with a META detector that can separate numerous fluorescent labels with overlapping emissions.
The Zeiss LSM 510 laser scanning confocal microscope is equipped with a 30mW 405nm-diode, a 25mW Argon laser (458, 477, 488, & 514nm), a 1mW green (543nm) and a 5mW red (633nm) HeNe laser.
Confocal microscopy is ideal for imaging thick fluorescently labeled specimens thanks to the ability to collect thin optical sections with minimal background fluorescence from out-of-focus structures.
The Zeiss LSM is equipped with a Meta detector that can capture emissions ranging from 411-754nm, in 10.7nm bins across 32 channels. Using the Meta, multiple fluorescent labels with overlapping emissions can be separated using linear unmixing algorithms.
Rates are hourly and are subject to change without further notice.
Valid through June 30, 2016.
|RPI Users||External Nonprofit||External Industry||External Industry Partners|
LSM Image Browser: allows you to view your images in the comfort of your own home
- 10x 0.3 N.A. (Plan-Neofluar) NO immersion
- working distance = 5.5 mm
- 25x o.8 N.A. (Plan-Neofluar, 1mm DIC) variable immersion
- working distance = 0.21 mm
- correction collar for different immersion media
- 40x 0.6 N.A. (LD Plan-Neofluar) NO immersion
- working distance = 2.9 mm @ coverglass 0.75
- correction collar for plastic & coverslip thickness
- 40x 1.2 N.A. (C-Apochromat, UV-VIS-IR) Water immersion, DIC
- working distance = 0.28 mm @ #1.5 coverglass
- correction collar for coverslip thickness
- 63x 1.4 N.A. (Plan-Apochromat) Oil immersion, DIC
- working distance = 0.19 mm
- 100x 1.45 N.A. (a Plan-Fluar) Oil Immersion, DIC
- working distance = 0.11 mm
- 405 nm diode (violet)
- Suitable for e.g. DAPI, Hoechst, Alexa405, Pacific Blue
- 458, 488, 514 nm argon laser (blue)
- Suitable for e.g. CFP, GFP, YFP, FITC, Alexa488, Cy2
- 543 nm HeNe laser (green)
- Suitable for e.g. mCherry, RFP, rhodamine, texas red, Alexa546, Alexa568, Cy3
- 633 nm HeNe laser (red)
- Suitable for e.g. IRP, Cy5, Alexa633, Alexa647
- LP 420
- LP 475
- LP 505
- BP 420-480
- BP 470-500
- BP 475-525
- BP 505-530
- LP 505
- LP 560
- LP 650
- BP 510/20
- BP 505-530
- BP 530-600
- BP 560-615
- 411.3-753.7 nm
- Additional Features
- Axiovert 200 Inverted Microscope
- Zeiss AIM software – includes time lapse, photobleaching, FRAP, FRET capability