Dr. Xing Wang joined Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2014 as assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. He is also a faculty member affiliated with the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS), the Biochemistry and Biophysical Program (BCBP), and the Center for Materials, Devices, and Integrated Systems (cMDIS) at RPI. After Dr. Wang got his Ph.D. at New York University (with Dr. Ned Seeman ) in 2009, he joined Princeton University as a postdoc fellow (with Dr. Laura Landweber) to explore novel functions of non-coding RNA in the single-celled eukaryote ciliate Oxytricha trifallax. The research in Dr. Wang’s lab at RPI is currently focusing on designer DNA/RNA nanostructures, synthesis of metalic nanoparticles/nanorods and their applications in chemistry, biology, engineering, and medicine.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biology, Princeton University, 2013.
Ph.D., Chemistry, New York University, 2009.
- Bracht, Wang, Shetty, Chen, uttarotai, Callihan, McCloud, Clay, Wang, Nowacki and Landweber, Chromosome fusions triggered by noncoding RNA, RNA Biology, in press (2016).
- Chandrasekaran, Anderson, Kizer, Halvorsen and Wang, Beyond the fold, emerging biological applications of DNA origami, ChemBioChem, in press (2016).
- Ohayon, Sha, Flint, Chandrasekaran, Abdallah, Wang, Wang, Zhang and Seeman, Topological linkage of DNA tiles bonded by paranemic cohesion, ACS Nano, 9, 10296-10303 (2015).
- Ohayon, Sha, Flint, Liu, Chakraborty, Subramanian, Zheng, Chandrasekaran, Abdallah, Wang, Zhang and Seeman, Covalent linkage of one-dimensional DNA arrays bonded by paranemic cohesion, ACS Nano, 9, 10304-10312 (2015).
- Khurana, Wang, Chen, Perlman and Landweber, Transcription-independent functions of an RNA Polymerase II subunit, Rpb2, during genome rearrangement in the ciliate, Oxytricha trifallax, Genetics, 197, 839-849 (2014).
- Fang, Wang, Bracht, Nowacki and Landweber, Piwi-interacting RNAs protect DNA against loss during Oxytricha genome rearrangement, Cell, 151, 1243-1255 (2012).
- Wang, Zhang, Mao and Seeman, Double-stranded DNA homology produces a physical signature, PNAS, 107, 12547-12552 (2010).
- Wang, Lin, Rinker, Liu, Seeman and Yan, In vivo cloning of artificial DNA nanostructures, PNAS, 105, 17626-17632 (2008).
- Liu, Wang, Wang, Sha and Seeman, PX DNA triangle oligomerized using a novel three-domain motif, Nano Letters, 8, 317-322 (2008).
- Lin, Wang, Liu, Seeman and Yan, Rolling circle enzymatic replication of a complex multi-crossover DNA nanostructure, JACS, 129,14475-14481 (2007).
- Wang and Seeman, Assembly and characterization of 8-Arm and 12-Arm DNA branched junctions, JACS, 129, 8169-8176 (2007).
- Constantinous, Wang, Kopatsch, Israel, Zhang, Ding, Sherman, Wang, Zheng, Sha and Seeman, Double cohesion in structural DNA nanotechnology, Org. Biomol. Chem., 4, 3414-3419 (2006).