Alzheimer's disease: amyloid production, aggregation and interaction, Hedgehog autopocessing: mechanism and relevance to cancer, inteins: structure and mechanism, NMR spectroscopy
Professor Wang applies nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to study Alzheimer's disease and Hedgehog signaling pathway.
MD, Peking Union Medical College, 1996
PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Cornell University, 2000
- Jian Xie, Timothy Owen, Ke Xia, Brian Callahan and Chunyu Wang (2016). A Single Aspartate Coordinates Two Catalytic Steps in Hedgehog Autoprocessing. Journal of the American Chemical Society. Article ASAP DOI: 10.1021/jacs.6b06928
- Xie, J., Owen, T., Xia, K., Singh, A. V., Tou, E., Li, L., Arduini, B., Li, H., Wan, L. Q., Callahan, B., and Wang, C. (2015). Zinc Inhibits Hedgehog Autoprocessing: Linking Zinc Deficiency with Hedgehog Activation. J. Biol. Chem. 289(118): 11591-11600. Top 5 most viewed article March-April 2015 on JBC website.
- Wen Chen, Eric Gamache, David Rosenman, Jian Xie, Maria Lopez, Yueming Li, and Chunyu Wang (2014). “Familial Alzheimer's Mutations within APPTM Increase Abeta42 Production by Enhancing the Accessibility of the Epsilon-Cleavage Site”. Nature Communications 4:3037 doi: 10.1038/ncomms4037.
- Connors, Christopher Ryan, David Jacob Rosenman, Dahabada HJ Lopes, Shivina Mittal, Gal Bitan, Mirco Sorci, Georges Belfort, Angel E. Garcia, and Chunyu Wang (2013). “Tranilast Binds to Aβ Monomers and Promotes Aβ Fibrillation.” Biochemistry 52(23): 3995-4002
- Wen Chen, Lingyun Li, Zhenming Du, Jiajing Liu, Julie N. Reitter, Kenneth V. Mills, Robert J. Linhardt, and Chunyu Wang (2012). “Intramolecular Disulfide Bond between Catalytic Cysteines in an Intein Precursor” Journal of the American Chemical Society. 134(5):2500-2503.
- Zhenming Du, Jiajing Liu, Clayton D. Albracht, Alice Hsu, Wen Chen, Michelle D. Marieni, Kathryn M. Colelli, Jennie E. Williams, Julie N. Reitter, Kenneth V. Mills, Chunyu Wang (2011). “Structural and Mutational Studies of a Hyperthermophilic Intein from DNA Polymerase II of Pyrococcus abyssi”, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 286: 38638-38648. With a cover illustration of Nov. 4, 2011 issue of JBC.