Dr. Xing Wang joined Rensselaer in 2014 as an assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. He is also a faculty member affiliated with the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS), the Biochemistry and Biophysical Program (BCBP), and the Center for Materials, Devices, and Integrated Systems (cMDIS) at RPI. After Dr. Wang got his Ph.D. at New York University (with Dr. Ned Seeman ) in 2009, he joined Princeton University as a postdoc fellow (with Dr. Laura Landweber) to explore novel functions of non-coding RNA in the single-celled eukaryote ciliate Oxytricha trifallax. Dr. Wang's Nucleic Acids Programming Lab at RPI currently is focused on the design and synthesis of functional DNA/RNA aptamers, nanostructures and nanodevices, and on the exploration of their uses in energy harvesting, basic biology, diagnostics in low-resource environment, and therapeutics.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biology, Princeton University, 2013.
Ph.D., Chemistry, New York University, 2009.
- He, Han, Kizer, Linhardt, Wang*, Sinyukov, Wang, Deckert, Sokolov*, Hu* and Scully*, Tip-enhanced Raman imaging of single-stranded DNA with single base resolution, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141, 753-757 (2019).
- Kizer, Li, Cress, Lin, Jing, Zhang, Xia, Linhardt* and Wang*, RNA aptamers with specificity for heparosan and chondroitin glycosaminoglycans, ACS Omega, 3, 13667-13675 (2018).
- Wang*, et al., Paranemic crossover DNA: there and back again, Chemical Reviews, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.8b00207 (2018).
- Hooper, Walcott, Wang and Bystroff, Fast design of arbitrary length loops in protein using interactiveRosetta, BMC Bioinformatics, 19, 337-345 (2018).
- Deng, Kizer, Rada, Sage, Wang, Cheon and Chung, Intracellular delivery of nano materials via an inertial microfluidic cell hydroporator, Nano Letters, 18, 2705-2710 (2018).
- Anderson, Dinolfo* and Wang*, Synthesis and characterization of porphyrin-DNA constructs for the self-assembly of modular energy transfer arrays, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 6, 2452-2459 (2018).
- Bracht*, Wang*, Shetty, Chen, Uttarotai, Callihan, McCloud, Clay, Wang, Nowacki and Landweber*, Chromosome fusions triggered by noncoding RNA, RNA Biology, 14, 620-631 (2017).
- Chandrasekaran*, Anderson, Kizer, Halvorsen and Wang*, Beyond the fold, emerging biological applications of DNA origami, ChemBioChem, 17, 1081-1089 (2016).
- Ohayon, Sha, Flint, Chandrasekaran, Abdallah, Wang, Wang, Zhang and Seeman, Topological linkage of DNA tiles bonded by paranemic cohesion, ACS Nano, 9, 10296-10303 (2015).
- Ohayon, Sha, Flint, Liu, Chakraborty, Subramanian, Zheng, Chandrasekaran, Abdallah, Wang, Zhang and Seeman, Covalent linkage of one-dimensional DNA arrays bonded by paranemic cohesion, ACS Nano, 9, 10304-10312 (2015).
- Fang, Wang, Bracht, Nowacki and Landweber, Piwi-interacting RNAs protect DNA against loss during Oxytricha genome rearrangement, Cell, 151, 1243-1255 (2012).
- Wang, Zhang, Mao and Seeman, Double-stranded DNA homology produces a physical signature, PNAS, 107, 12547-12552 (2010).
- Wang, Lin, Rinker, Liu, Seeman and Yan, In vivo cloning of artificial DNA nanostructures, PNAS, 105, 17626-17632 (2008).
- Halvorsen, Kizer, Wang, Chandrasekaran and Basanta-Sanchez, Shear dependent LC purification of an engineered DNA nano switch and implications for DNA origami, Analytical Chemistry, 89, 5673-5677 (2017).
- Khurana, Clay, Moreira, Wang and Landweber, Small RNA-mediated regulation of DNA dosage in the ciliate Oxytricha, RNA, 24, 18-29 (2018).
- Khurana, Wang, Chen, Perlman and Landweber, Transcription-independent functions of an RNA Polymerase II subunit, Rpb2, during genome rearrangement in the ciliate, Oxytricha trifallax, Genetics, 197, 839-849 (2014).
- Liu, Wang, Wang, Sha and Seeman, PX DNA triangle oligomerized using a novel three-domain motif, Nano Letters, 8, 317-322 (2008).
- Lin, Wang, Liu, Seeman and Yan, Rolling circle enzymatic replication of a complex multi-crossover DNA nanostructure, JACS, 129,14475-14481 (2007).
- Wang and Seeman, Assembly and characterization of 8-Arm and 12-Arm DNA branched junctions, JACS, 129, 8169-8176 (2007).
- Constantinous, Wang, Kopatsch, Israel, Zhang, Ding, Sherman, Wang, Zheng, Sha and Seeman, Double cohesion in structural DNA nanotechnology, Org. Biomol. Chem., 4, 3414-3419 (2006).