Developing Tomorrow’s Workforce Leaders
CBIS is taking a leadership role in developing cutting-edge programs that deliver the critical knowledge and skills our industry partners require. This new extension of CBIS’ research training opportunities extends to continuous learners interested in gaining the skills to work in biopharmaceutical advanced manufacturing environments.
By working directly with our industry collaborators, we continue to develop content that is engaging, relevant, and fully aligned with the needs of the industry. These programs are designed to be adaptable and continually optimize a mix of learning modalities as needs and circumstances change.
We are currently exploring through our Tier 1 membership with The National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) ways to provide the necessary science and laboratory skills to:
- The incumbent pharmaceutical manufacturing workforce: Continuous learning via remote and on-site trainings to upskill for the future biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Nontraditional workforces: Classroom, online, and workplace trainings to prepare for jobs in advanced biopharmaceutical manufacturing
The pipeline will ultimately be able to start preparing tomorrow’s workforce at every age and skill level. Currently, CBIS offers trainings for:
- K-12 students: Experiential laboratory programs on campus or in the schools
- Undergraduate students: Experiential multi-week trainings followed by internship experiences, called the ARCH Undergraduate Research Training program
- Graduate students: Multiple experiential laboratory training and internship opportunities
- Incumbent workforce: Continuous learning via remote and on-site trainings to upskill for the future biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Nontraditional workforce: Classroom, online, and workplace trainings to prepare for jobs in advance biopharmaceutical manufacturing