Leica CM1520 Cryostat
The Leica CM1520 delivers high-quality sections in a fast, simple and efficient manner. Time is crucial when sectioning frozen specimens. An actively cooled quick-freezing shelf with defrost function and a powerful refrigeration system are provided to get rapid results. The system has Premium Blade Holder for easy setup, consistency and safety. The premium blade holder makes it easy to safely insert, position and remove blades.
- Type: Rotary microtome
- Section thickness selection 2 - 60 μm
- Total specimen feed 25 mm
- Vertical stroke 59 mm
- Maximum specimen size 55 x 55 mm or 50 x 80 mm
- Specimen orientation 8° (x-, y-, z-Achse)
- Dimensions: Width (w/o handwheel) 600mm. Width (with handwheel) 730mm.
- Depth 730mm. Hight 1140 mm
|RPI Users||External Not for Profit||External Industry||External Industry Partners|
|RPI Users||External Nonprofit||External Industry||External Industry Partners|
Valid through July 31, 2022. Rates are hourly unless specified otherwise and are subject to change without further notice.
Required Acknowledgement and Authorship
Please acknowledge the CBIS Core Facilities in all publications and grant applications where our equipment and/or personnel have facilitated the work. These acknowledgements are very important because documenting our contributions helps to ensure that the resources of the Core Facilities are sustainable.
- Equipment: If you used Core Facility equipment, please note this in the Materials and Methods. e.g., Thermogravimetric analysis was carried out using a TA Instruments TGA-Q50 (Rensselaer CBIS Analytical Biochemistry Core Facility).
- Personnel: Please consider including CBIS personnel as co-authors on your publications when they have made a significant intellectual contribution to the research. Include CBIS Core Facility directors or staff as co-PI or co-investigators in grant applications when they provide a significant contribution to the grant proposal and scientific/intellectual leadership for the proposed work. Please follow these guidelines: ABRF Recommended Guidelines for Authorship on Manuscripts. Also, our Core Facility personnel always appreciate when they are mentioned in the Acknowledgements section of publications.
- Required Funding Authorization Form: Rensselaer researchers must fill out the CBIS Cores Authorization Form (PDF) to use the CBIS Core Facilities.