Rensselaer's Office of Disability Services for Students assists both graduate and undergraduate students with disabilities—physical, psychological, neurological, or learning-related, such as dyslexia or attention deficit—in gaining full access to our campus’s academic programs and extracurricular activities.
We work one-on-one with each student (or prospective student) to provide information and plan individualized services. Please note that Rensselaer’s policy on potential disabilities is one of self-disclosure.
All students with disabilities receive:
- Assistance in locating specialized equipment
- Communication of needs to faculty
- Counseling on disability concerns, goal planning, and adjustment to college life
- A resource collection on disability topics, including employment, laws, and financial aid
- Referrals to organizations that provide additional services or programs
An abundance of further support is available to students with specific learning, mobility, vision, or hearing disabilities.